Online Shopping – a phenomenal living life style through the decade
When Amazon was introduced exactly a decade ago, they brought about an unprecedented change in the business world as a whole. However, the person who put down in writing this idea and made e-commerce history was not Jeffrey P. Bezos, Amazon’s Founder but an innovator named Michael Aldrich. His ‘Videotext’ creation back in 1979 was believed to be the first concept of an e-commerce business model as what we have come to know today. Let’s go back in time to learn more about the consistent growth of the e-commerce industry.
Michael Aldrich invented ‘Videotext’, a telemarketing service in the UK that started electronic commerce business (e-commerce).
Pizza Hut became the first company to process payments online with the invention of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) by Netscape, a navigator browser.
Google launched Froogle (which is now Google Shopping), essentially a price comparison site that allows users to quickly search and select their desired item from different merchants.
Having foresight of the potential e-commerce growth in South East Asia, Rocket Internet - an Internet platform, was founded with an aim to spread out the impact of online shopping onto the market. They have changed the phase of businesses in the entire region with the birth of Amazon-like stores such as Lazada, Zalora, and Foodpanda just to name a few.
iprice – the first go-to destination where all e-commerce stores are brought on board, was introduced in 7 countries across South East Asia. It is now on the journey towards conquering the e-commerce industry within the region with their never-before-seen business model.
We believe that e-commerce is here for the better. If you have yet to experience the joy of online shopping, read on to discover the bundles of greatness in the world of virtual stores.
One of the most appreciated values for customers when purchasing online are coupons and vouchers. They play an important role in saving big on your shopping cart. SAYS.com is thrilled to join in the game to deliver the latest and hottest coupons in town for great savings!
Coupons have been around long before there were online stores. Business owners issue coupons and vouchers as an incentive for their customers to buy their product or service. Gradually, the impact that these magical codes have on buying decision became irreplaceable that we simply cannot ignore them anymore. It is not just a few cents that you are going to save but in the long run, you will notice that the expenses on daily grocery, meals, weekend shopping and such have decreased significantly, all thanks to coupons!
The sweetest news is that coupons and vouchers, deals and promos from SAYS are completely free to use and you don’t have to sign up for any membership, sounds appealing enough? You can find all the latest offers and online deals available in Malaysia on a single platform and the redemption is as easy as 1, 2, and 3:
- Select the desired store or category to narrow down the selections, such as Lazada vouchers and coupons, Zalora coupons and voucher codes, Groupon vouchers just to name a few.
- Simply click on your desired coupon or offer to enjoy the promotion. The site will trigger a popup with more details about the deal.
- As for offer, you can see that there is no code required so just click "Go to store" to be redirected to the offer page.
- As for coupon, a code will be generated for you. Now, all that's left to do is click on "Copy Code" and then Go to Store to shop as usual. The code can be pasted onto the coupon box for redemption upon payment confirmation.
- Please note that any transaction or purchase which you conclude with the Merchant shall be between you and the Merchant only.
Hooray! Now you just have to patiently wait for the products to be delivered to your doorstep. How exciting!
You’re probably wondering, so what are the differences between coupons, vouchers and offers. Well, they serve the same purpose, which is saving, yet can be used differently:
- A coupon or voucher is issued by the retailer for free as an incentive for customers to buy their product or service. Most importantly, coupon codes can be used by multiple people at the point of promotion.
- Offer, on the other hand, is usually a seasonal sales or promotion from the merchant that is valid during a certain period of time. These offers are available for multiple shoppers and there is no code required as the price offered is already marked down.
Be sure to make use of these codes before making your purchase online in order to save a great amount for your wallet. Try to develop a ‘couponing habit’, meaning actively collect and categorize these free coupons so that you can redeem whenever you need to buy something. Also, don’t underestimate the power of those promotional newsletter flying to your inbox each month. You probably wouldn’t want to miss out on some exclusive deals that are available only to members or loyal customers. So remember to check your inbox more often now.
SAYS.com is a Malaysia based digital news company established with an aim to encourage young Malaysians to read local and international daily news. It curates the most trending topics and influential stories to the younger generation of Malaysia. SAYS not only delivers the hottest news and major topics of discussion but also creates unique content that cater to the mindful youth who are always eager for new explorations be it current tech trend, inspiring lifestyle, entertainment news or sports.
Introducing the new and much anticipated section on their site, online shopping coupons and voucher codes, SAYS.com is building its empire as a community for the next generation to indulge in the latest trends, this includes online shopping. Explore this gateway to a new and better shopping experience with SAYS.com today!